King’s Commercial hosts clinical networking event
On 17 February, King’s Commercial Services (KCS) hosted a Nigerian and West African Diaspora Clinical Networking Event. The event was Chaired by Dr Tj Lasoye, Regional Medical Director for Nigeria and West Africa, KCS and Director of Medical Education, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. We were honoured to welcome Mrs Oluranti Doherty, Director, Export Development, African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) to the event along with Dr Chris Agbo, President, Medical Associations of Nigerians Across Great Britain (MANSAG) and clinical colleagues from NHS Trusts across England including The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester.
The informal networking event was opened by Dr Tj Lasoye before handing over to Mrs Oluranti Doherty who presented the African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s College Hospital London project, including how the project was conceived, the significant milestones that have been reached and what is happening next in the birth of this exciting new facility for Africa.
The senior clinical and leadership team for KCS International Platforms with Mrs Oluranti Doherty (left to right: Nigel Brinklow, Mike Joyce, Dr Tj Lasoye, Oluranti Doherty, Professor Anil Dhawan, Ali Yousuf).
The Centre aims to provide world class healthcare across the continent in a long-term collaboration with King’s College Hospital, London, the official clinical partner for the AMCE. Commissioning of the Centre is expected to take place in the first quarter of 2024. The AMCE will offer a full spectrum of medical services (diagnostics, inpatient and outpatient) in oncology, haematology, cardiology and general healthcare services (including trauma and emergency services), as well as other essential services including academic, residential, hospitality and retail.
We concluded the evening with a very interactive question and answer session and look forward to hosting the next Diaspora event later this year.
2024 news stories
- King’s Commercial take part in a Healthcare Trade Mission in India
- King’s Commercial visit King’s College Hospital London, Jeddah
- King’s Commercial attends scientific conferences to support recruitment for AMCE
- King’s College Hospital London, Dubai opens two new units at Park Heights Clinics
2023 news stories
- King’s Commercial Services celebrates the African Medical Centre of Excellence
- Visit to King’s College Hospital London, Jeddah
- King’s team visits AMCE construction site in Abuja, Nigeria
- King’s partner scoops award
- King’s Commercial attend UK Trade Mission on Healthcare to Morocco
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust joins King’s International Consortium
- King’s International Consortium is established
2022 news stories
- King’s Commercial returns to Dubai
- King’s Commercial attends Singapore trade mission
- Visit from The Speciality Hospital team
- King’s Commercial attends the NHS Confederation Conference
- Jordan and Bahrain visit
- Ground breaking ceremony presided over by His Royal Highness, Governor of Jeddah
2021 news stories
- Ceremony marks formal breaking of ground for the construction of African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s
- Visit from the Christie International
- Meeting at the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Visit from Aishath Rahila, Head of Quality Governance, King’s College Hospital Dubai
- King’s College Hospital Dubai visit
- Ortho-geriatric doctor vacancies
- Consultant Radiologist (breast) vacancies