King’s Commercial Services celebrates the African Medical Centre of Excellence
King’s Commercial Services hosted the second annual networking event to celebrate the African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s College Hospital, London on 16 November 2023 at the Royal College of Surgeons in London.
The event provided clinical African diaspora with an insight into the progress achieved to date in the construction and establishment of this landmark medical facility located in Abuja, Nigeria.
King’s Commercial were honoured to welcome the His Excellency Dr. Cyprian T. Heen, Acting High Commissioner of Nigeria, and His Excellency Mbelwa Kairuki, Tanzania High Commissioner to the UK to the event. The AMCE was represented by senior executives Brian Deaver (Chief Executive), Dr Zahoor Khan (Chief Operating Officer), Dr Gloria Rowland (Chief Nurse) and attendees from King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Andrew Reed, Chief Executive of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, opened the event and welcomed attendees to the famous historic library where the event took place.
The African Medical Centre of Excellence is a private medical specialist hospital that is currently under construction. It is a tertiary healthcare institution that is privately owned by Afreximbank and is one of the components of the Health and Medical Tourism Program of Afreximbank.
King’s College Hospital NHS Trust London is known for providing excellent medical services in London. The African Medical Centre of Excellence in Abuja is the first of a network of tertiary healthcare facilities to be established by African Export Import Bank across the continent.
The areas of expertise are in oncology, cardiovascular disease, and haematology. The hospital’s strategic plan includes a cyclotron facility with the capacity to provide radioisotopes, locally and internationally, in addition to positron emission tomography.
The AMCE is creating jobs not just for medical experts but also for non-medical positions. With close to a thousand openings, Nigerians both home and abroad will benefit from the employment opportunities the AMCE will provide.
Following the ground breaking ceremony, in December 2021 by the former President Muhammadu Buhari, this large hospital will commence operations in early 2025.
If you would like to find out more about the project and the positions available, please get in touch with Ioana Baltes at firstname.lastname@example.org
2024 news stories
- King’s Commercial take part in a Healthcare Trade Mission in India
- King’s Commercial visit King’s College Hospital London, Jeddah
- King’s Commercial attends scientific conferences to support recruitment for AMCE
- King’s College Hospital London, Dubai opens two new units at Park Heights Clinics
2023 news stories
- Visit to King’s College Hospital London, Jeddah
- King’s team visits AMCE construction site in Abuja, Nigeria
- King’s partner scoops award
- King’s Commercial attend UK Trade Mission on Healthcare to Morocco
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust joins King’s International Consortium
- King’s International Consortium is established
2022 news stories
- King’s Commercial returns to Dubai
- King’s Commercial attends Singapore trade mission
- Visit from The Speciality Hospital team
- King’s Commercial attends the NHS Confederation Conference
- Jordan and Bahrain visit
- Ground breaking ceremony presided over by His Royal Highness, Governor of Jeddah
- King’s Commercial hosts clinical networking event
2021 news stories
- Ceremony marks formal breaking of ground for the construction of African Medical Centre of Excellence (AMCE) in partnership with King’s
- Visit from the Christie International
- Meeting at the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Visit from Aishath Rahila, Head of Quality Governance, King’s College Hospital Dubai
- King’s College Hospital Dubai visit
- Ortho-geriatric doctor vacancies
- Consultant Radiologist (breast) vacancies