King’s International Fellowship Programme
Medical graduates from outside the UK, the EU, the EEA and Switzerland are now able to benefit from King’s International Fellowship Programme. This enables candidates to obtain registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) via professional sponsorship and high quality training at the Trust.
Launched in 2016, the one to two-year programme offers training and development under the supervision of a leading consultant and an educational supervisor in specialties including trauma, liver, and metabolic and diabetes surgery. It also helps clinicians to develop a range of valuable transferable skills such as leadership and management.
Partnering with medical facilities and sponsoring organisations to deliver a fellowship including:
- A programme delivered in partnership with the Royal College of Surgeons’ (RCS) International Surgical Training Programme (ISTP).
- Sponsorship by the RCS for registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) and the supporting Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) visa.
- First class training at King’s College Hospital and the provision of and supervision from a leading medical consultant and an educational supervisor.
- Access to Ricoh Europe Liver Transplant Surgery Fellowship, The Chris Lane Hepato-Biliary & Pancreatic Surgery Fellowship.
- The opportunity to develop a range of transferable skills such as: leadership, management, developing guidelines, conducting audit & research and understanding clinical governance.
- Honorary contract at King’s College Hospital.
- An award certificate of completion.
Please note that all candidates are subject to a selection process and the award of a placement is subject to GMC registration, satisfactory references, background checks and Occupational Health clearance.
If you are interested in the King’s International Fellowship Programme please contact us.